Monday, December 1, 2008

ATV, check.

So what good is land without an ATV to go with it? Yes, yes, I know. I'm a mom now. I'm supposed to talk about how dangerous they are. (And they really are, as we know first-hand from this weekend when Jeff fell flat on the concrete after the ramps split apart while loading it into the truck. Luckily the ATV fell to the side rather than on top of him.) But between you and me, I've always wanted an ATV. Now, mind you, I haven't even ridden it yet (I am that much of a mom -- I do avoid dangerous things whilst pregnant at least), but I'm very much looking forward to the day I can. Heh, heh, heh.

This weekend, after Jeff recovered from his fall (read: about an hour later), we went out & he cleared a nice path all the way from our existing cleared spot to our cash cow fallen walnut tree over our creekbed. It is so nice to have a big wide trail all the way down to the creekbed. And Jeff had a great time machete-ing and chainsaw-ing and ATV-ing through the thicket.

The Trailhead



Station One, for lack of a better spur-of-the-moment name



Down the hill



Walnut tree over creekbed



Man conquers Land with Machine



"Why you so slow, SLOWFIE?!?!"



The Westerly Direction



The Easterly Direction



"Goodbye north, hello south," say the birds



Footnote: Please ignore Sassy's lack of helmet on this ATV ride. Her helmet is a piece of cr*p that clearly exists only to line the pockets of those who own the rights to Dora the Explorer and certainly not to protect the heads of children. Until we get a helmet that stays on her head and that doesn't fall apart already, she is allowed to ride only on flat land a few minutes each time.

No comments: